What was life like when Jesus was on the earth?
We do have the Bible and other historic writings chronicling the times in the middle east at the time of Jesus.
I have thought about this enough to draw my own opinions. I am not an old world history expert but I think the following of the time:
- there was knowledge that “this was the time” of the coming Messiah and it was well know (see Daniel 9:24-27)
- there were probably lots of men claiming that they were the Messiah and knew the prophesies – thus could imitate the signs and actions
- there was an accelerated number of demons present on earth, demons being cast out… I am open to anyone out there that knows more on the subject to correct me
- it seems that the demons also knew quite well who Jesus was upon encountering him – while the “religious leaders” of the time seemed to have more trouble in acknowledging him
- lots of confusion, violence, evil, power hunger, pride, repression…
The religious establishment seemed to be expecting Him too, but from all that I read of their interactions with Jesus – they assumed that he would “come to them” and “work with them” and that they would be in the center of his work here. That did not happen. Jesus found himself in conflict with them throughout his ministry. There is way too much here to write about here and to show you on a canvas…
This painting is made of six equal sized little paintings all on one canvas. You can draw what you want from each or of the totality of the painting as a whole.
Chris Cook is a premier southern artist and owner of Madison Studios, a web design, maintenance, and e-commerce and marketing company. For his artist biography, contact information, or to view more of his work, click HERE.